Our fellows will:
- Demonstrate skills in advanced symptom management in a variety of settings for patients at all stages of serious illness.
- Communicate expertly with patients, families, and interprofessional providers in high-stakes scenarios.
- Provide high-quality end-of-life care for patients and their families in both inpatient and outpatient settings, fulfilling the roles of a hospice medical director, primary provider, and consultant.
- Assess patient and family needs in multiple domains and work collaboratively with interprofessional team members to provide holistic care.
- Represent a variety of specialties and demonstrate excellent humanistic, clinical, and academic skills to serve our patients and their families, UW and our community.
- Demonstrate effective and engaging teaching in Hospice and Palliative Medicine to help meet the needs of our institution, our community and beyond.
- Develop skills to promote their own, their team members’, and their learners’ wellbeing, teamwork, and sense of meaning.
Continued ACGME accreditation with no citations