UW Health is the employer for any of our ACGME-accredited residency and fellowship programs. Visit the UW Health GME website for details on eligibility and credentialing requirements, benefits and institutional learning environment.
We follow departmental and institutional guidance on non-discrimination, and conduct holistic application review to minimize the influence of racial, ethnic, and gender bias in applicant invitation and ranking.
Qualified applicants must:
- Have successfully completed the following training:
- ACGME-accredited (or Canadian RCPSC- or CFPC- accredited) residency in internal medicine, or internal medicine–pediatrics, or pediatrics and
- ACGME-accredited (or Canadian RCPSC-accredited) 3-year fellowship in cardiovascular disease or pediatric cardiology
- Be board-certified in internal medicine or pediatrics and
- Be board-eligible or board-certified in cardiovascular disease or pediatric cardiology
- Have proof of current CPR and ACLS certification prior to starting the ACHD fellowship
- Hold U.S. citizenship, permanent resident status (green card), J-1 visa or Employment Authorization Document (EAD)
Exceptional international medical graduates who do not meet the above criteria may be considered on a case-by-case basis. Applicants for consideration must:
- Have completed the equivalent of residency and cardiology training as outlined above outside of the continental U.S.
- Hold the equivalent of board-eligible or board-certified status as outlined above in their home country or country of training
- Have demonstrated clinical excellence, scholarship, and/or leadership in their specialty
- Be certified by the Educational Commission for Foreign Medical Graduates (ECFMG)
We only accept applications through the Electronic Residency Application Service (ERAS) program. Standard recruitment season applications through ERAS are due by August 30th.
Additionally, our ACHD Fellowship Program participates in the National Residency Matching Program (NRMP). Please be sure you are registered with both ERAS and the NRMP!
- Your completed application packet must include:
- Completed ERAS common application form
- Three letters of recommendation, including one from the director of your cardiology, or pediatric cardiology, training program
- Personal Statement
- USMLE and/or COMLEX transcript
- Current CV
- ECFMG certification (international medical graduates)
For more information, please contact:
Theresa Teske, C-TAGME