About Our Program
The University of Wisconsin Cardiovascular Disease (CVD) fellowship trains you to be a leader. From your first day, you'll function as a junior colleague working at the center of the action.
We provide advanced education in all areas of cardiovascular medicine and multi-modality imaging subspecialties—and let you tailor the program to meet your career goals.
Meet Our Program Director
“Our program focuses on individualized clinical training, education and close mentorship. On the first day of fellowship, I meet with all the fellows, learn who they are, where they’re coming from and what their goals are—and then make it happen."
Why You'll Love Our Program
- A dynamic, high-volume academic environment offers exposure to all facets of cardiovascular medicine in a full spectrum of patient complexity, with a focus on career development and work-life balance
- Learner-centered education adaptable to programmatic and individual fellow needs; monthly lunch meetings with program leadership to discuss concerns and iterative curriculum assessment
- Advanced COCATS Level II or III training in one (or more!) sub-disciplines within the scope of the standard three-year training program
- Paired faculty mentorship on arrival to provide guidance along your educational and career trajectory
- A culture of teaching with students, residents, fellows, and allied professionals
Life in Madison
What Learners Say
"The education by faculty is great. I have often found myself working 1:1 alongside nationally recognized figures who are clearly devoted to my education and development as a future colleague."
"Cardiovascular medicine is hard work. It is a demanding field and we take care of the sickest of the sick. The training I received at UW not only prepared me to excel in my clinical practice, but also left me with countless colleagues and team members who I can always rely on for help—even years after completing training."
Please contact us with any questions about our program.