Meet Our Program Director
"We teach you to provide thoughtful, evidence based, patient-centered care. You'll be an integral member of our interdisciplinary team in an environment that prizes collaborative care. Our incredibly stimulating environment makes it fun to come to work each day."
Why You'll Love Our Program
- A nationally recognized transplant center known for innovative treatment approaches and excellent outcomes, and one of only 5 VA hospitals nationwide performing heart transplants and left ventricular assist device (LVAD) implants
- Encouragement of a “plus 1” skill set to develop additional expertise in a subspecialty area, and a tailored learning experience to help you achieve your goal
- Learner-centered education, including niche clinics and learning activities in pulmonary hypertension, cardio-oncology, cardiac-specific palliative care, and infiltrative/inflammatory cardiomyopathy
- Exposure to all forms of percutaneous mechanical circulatory support
- Balanced inpatient/outpatient training with opportunities for research
Life in Madison
What Learners Say
“Great program! It’s an honor to be trained by world-renowned mentors. UW and Madison will always have a special space in my heart.” (Umama Gorsi, MBBS, fellowship alumna)
“Dr. Murray dedicates a lot of time to teaching and tailors it to what [you] are most interested in learning. He also is an incredible role model for having tough conversations with patients, and is able to break down difficult topics into metaphors that anyone can understand.”
Please contact us with any questions about our program.