- 80+% of graduates go on to advanced training in sub-subspecialties, including adult congenital heart disease, advanced heart failure and transplant, advanced imaging, clinical cardiac electrophysiology, critical care, and interventional cardiology
- COCATS and specialty boards achievements:
- 100% graduates achieve Level II Echo
- 100% of graduates since 2018 sought and achieved board certification in echocardiography
- Nearly 75% of graduates sought and achieved Level II Nuclear; 100% success rate for those seeking nuclear board certification
- 100% of graduates board certified in cardiovascular disease since 1980
- >50% of graduates achieve academic careers out of fellowship
Meet an Alum
Class of 2017
Post-graduate employment: Clinical assistant professor, University of Wisconsin Department of Medicine
Dr. Reilly is a member of the American Heart Association Fellow-in-Training (FIT) and Early Career (EC) Committee of the Council on Clinical Cardiology. She is also the faculty advisor for Cardiac on Campus, an undergraduate group that aims to increase awareness of sudden cardiac arrest/death and increase the number of AEDs on the UW campus.
How our program prepared her: "I had flexibility in choosing elective time to maximize my exposure and experience as a fellow, and strive to do the same for current fellows interested in careers in advanced imaging and echocardiography.The biggest impact comes from a mentor providing non-judgmental support and advocacy. Some of my mentors are now friends and some still are my mentors!"