The University of Wisconsin Cardiovascular Disease (CVD) fellowship trains you to be a leader in the field. From the first day of fellowship, you'll function as a junior colleague working at the center of the action.
We provide advanced education in all areas of cardiovascular medicine and multi-modality imaging subspecialties—and give you the flexibility to tailor the program to meet your career goals.
"Cardiovascular medicine is hard work. It is a demanding field and we take care of the sickest of the sick. The training I received at UW not only prepared me to excel in my clinical practice, but also left me with countless colleagues and team members who I can always rely on for help—even years after completing training."
Why You'll Love Our Program
- Train in a dynamic, high-volume academic environment where you can gain exposure to all facets of cardiovascular medicine in a full spectrum of patient complexity, with a focus on career development and work-life balance
- Learner-centered education adaptable to both programmatic and individual fellow needs; monthly lunch meetings with program leadership to discuss concerns and iterative assessment of the curriculum
- Achieve advanced COCATS Level II or III training in one (or more!) sub-disciplines within the scope of the standard three-year training program
- Paired faculty mentorship on arrival to provide guidance along your educational and career trajectory
- Engage in a culture of teaching with students, residents, fellows, and allied professionals
"The education by faculty is great. I have often found myself working 1:1 alongside nationally recognized figures who are clearly devoted to my education and development as a future colleague."
Life in Madison