Albanese M, Mejicano G, Gruppen L. Perspective: Competency-based medical education: a defense against the four horsemen of the medical education apocalypse. Acad Med 83(12). 2008 Dec. pp1132-1139. DOI: 10.1097/ACM.0b013e31818c6638. PMID: 19202480.
- Andes, DR, Diekema, DJ, Pfaller, MA, Marchillo, K, Bohrmueller, J. In Vivo Pharmacodynamic Target Investigation for Micafungin against Candida albicans and C. glabrata in a Neutropenic Murine Candidiasis Model Antimicrobial Agents and Chemotherapy. Vol.52; No.10, Oct. 2008, pps. 3497-3503
- Craig, WA, Andes, DR. In Vivo Pharmacodynamics of Ceftobiprole against Multiple Bacterial Pathogens in Murine Thigh and Lung Infection Models Antimicrobial Agents and Chemotherapy. Vol.52; No. 10. Oct. 2008, pps 3492-3496
Stacey DH, Fox BC, Poore SO, Bentz ML, Gutowski KA. Community-acquired methicillin-resistant staphylococcus aureus: diagnosis and treatment update for plastic surgeons. Plast Reconstr Surg 122(4). 2008 Oct. pp120e-127e. DOI: 10.1097/PRS.0b013e3181866d3f. PMID: 18827629.
- Jeniel E. Nett, Kristie M. Guite, Alex Ringeisen, Kathleen A. Holoyda, David R. Andes. Reduced Biocide Susceptibility in Candida albicans Biolfims Antimicrobial Agents and Chemotherapy, Vol. 52; No.9. Sept. 2008, p 3411-3413
- John W. Baddley, Mukesh Patel, Sujata M. Bhavnani, Stephen A. Moser, David R. Andes. Association of Fluconazole Pharmacodynamics with Mortality in Patients with Candidemia Antimicrobial Agents and Chemotherapy, Vol.52; No.9. Sept. 2008, p. 3022-3028
- Marie T. Dinh, Cybele L. Abad, Nasia Safdar. Diagnostic Accuracy of the Physical Examination and Imaging Tests for Osteomyelitis Underlying Diabetic Foot Ulcers: Meta-Analysis Clinical Infectious Disease, August 15, 2008. 47. pp 519-527
- Clarissa J. Nobile, Heather A. Schneider, Jeniel E. Nett, Donald C. Sheppard, Scott G. Filler, David R. Andes, Aaron P. Mitchell. Complementary Adhesin Function in C. albicans Biofilm Formation. Current Biology, July 22, 2008. Vol.18 No.14, pp. 1017-1024
- Dagenais, Taylor R.T., Chung, Dawoon, Giles, Steven S., Hull, Christina M., Andes, David, Keller, Nancy P. Defects in Conidiophore Development and Conidium-Macrophage Interactions in a Dioxygenase Mutant of Aspergillus fumigatus Infection and Immunity. July 2008 Vol.76, No.7, pp. 3214-3220
- Kerry L. LaPlante, Steven N. Leonard, David R. Andes, Williams A. Craig, Michael J. Ryback. Activities of Clindamycin, Daptomycin, Doxycycline, Linezolid, Trimethoprim-Sulfamethoxazole, and Vancomycin against Community-Associated Methicillin-Resistant Staphylococcus aureus with Inducible Clindamycin resistance in Murine Thigh Infection and In Vitro Pharmacodynamic Models. Antimicrobial Agents and Chemotherapy, June 2008 52(6): 2156-2162.
Vakil, Ronak, Knilans, Kayla, Andes, David, Kwon, Glen S. Combination Antifungal Therapy Involving Amphotericin B, Rapamycin and 5-Fluorocytosine Using PEG-Phospholipid Micelles. Pharmaceutical Research, April 2008
- Safdar, Nasia, MD, MS, Bradley, Elisa A., MD. The Risk of Innfection after Nasal Colonization with Staphylococcus Aureus The American Journal of Medicine. Vol 121; No. 4, April 2008. p.310-315
- Safdar, N, Abad, CL, Kaul, DR, Jarrard, D, Saint, S. Clinical problem-solving. An unintended consequence--a 79-year-old man with a 5-month history of fatigue and 20-lb (9-kg) weight loss presented to his local physician. The New England Journal of Medicine. Vol 358;No.14, April 3, 2008. p. 1496-1501
- Fox, BC, Shenk, G, Peterson, D, Spiegel, CA, Maki, DG. Choosing more effective antimicrobial combinations for empiric antimicrobial therapy of serious gram-negative rod infections using a dual cross-table antibiogram. American Journal of Infection Control, April 2008. Vol 36; No. 3, Supplement I, p. S57-S61.
- Smith, J, Andes, D. Therapeutic Drug Monitoring of Antifungals: Pharmacokinetic and Pharmacodynamic Considerations Ther Drug Monit Volume 30, Number 2, April 2008, p 1-6
- Uppuluri, P, Nett, J, Heitman, J, Andes, D. Synergistic Effect of Calcineurin Inhibitors and Fluconazole against Candida albicans Biofilms. Antimicrobial Agents and Chemotherapy, Mar. 2008, p. 1127-1132
- Paul J. Drinka, MD, Christopher J. Crnich MD. Diagnostic Accuracy of Criteria for Urinary Tract Infection in a Cohort of Nursing Home Residents JAGS, Feb 2008. Vol.56; No. 2, pp. 376-377
- Andes, D, Diekema, KJ, Pfaller, MA, Prince, RA, Marchillo, K, Ashbeck, J, Hou, J. In Vivo Pharmacodynamic characterization of Anidulafungin in a Neutropenic Murine Candidiasis Model. Antimicrobial Agents and Chemotherapy, Feb. 2008, p. 539-550
- Chatterjee, I, Kriegeskorte, A, Fischer, A, Deiwick, S, Theimann, N, Proctor, RA, Peters, G, Herrmann, M, Kahl, BC. In Vivo Mutations of Thymidylate Synthase (Encoded by thyA) Are Responsible for Thymidine Dependency in Clinical Small-Colony Variants of Staphylococcus aureus. Journal of Bacteriology, Feb. 2008, p. 834-842
- Kethireddy S, Safdar N. Urokinase lock or flush solution for prevention of bloodstream infections associated with central venous catheters for chemotherapy: a meta-analysis of prospective randomized trials. J Vasc Access. 2008 Jan-Mar;9(1):51-7
- Jones, T, Yeaman, MR, Sakoulas, G, Yang, SJ, Proctor, RA, Sahl, HG, Schrenzel, J, Xiong, YQ, Bayer, AS. Failures in Clinical Treatment of Staphylococcus aureus Infection with Daptomycin Are Associated with Alterations in Surface Charge, Membrane Phospholipid Asymmetry, and Drug Binding. Antimicrobial Agents and Chemotherapy, Jan. 2008, p. 269-278
- Safdar, N, Barigala, R, A.Said and McKinley, L Feasibility and tolerability of probiotics for prevention of antibiotic-associated diarrhoea in hospitalized US military veterans. Journal of Clinical Pharmacy and Therapeutics (2008) 33, 663-668
- Bearden, A, Safdar, N. Advances in the Prevention of Hospital Acquired Infections. Infectious Disease Special Edition 2008, 9-27
- Stacey, DH, Fox, BC, Poore, SO, Bentz, ML, Gutowski, KA. Community-Acquired Methicillin-Resistant Staphylococcus aureus: Diagnosis and Treatment Update for Plastic Surgeons. Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery. 120e-127e
- Denns G. Maki. Editorials Improving the safety of peripheral intravenous catheters British Medical Journal 2008; 337:a630
- Spencer Hoover, Rob Striker. Thiopurines inhibit bovine viral diarrhea virus production in a thiopurine methyltransferase-dependent manner Journal of General Virology 2008. 89, pp. 1000-1009
- Nasia Safdar, MD, MS; Cybele Abad, MD. Educational interventions for prevention of healthcare-associated infection: A systematic review Critical Care Medicine, 2008. Vol.36; No. 3 pp. 933-940
- Matthew W. Squire, MD, Brian J. Ludwig, MD, Jonathan R. Thompson, BS, Jason Jagodzinski, BS, Derek Hall, BS, David Andes, MD. Premixed Antibiotic Bone Cement: An In Vitro Comparison of Antimicrobial Efficacy. The Journal of Arthroplasty. Vol 23(6) suppl 1. 2008
- Andes, D, Lepak, A. Pharmacodynamics of Antifungal Drugs: A Strategy to Optimize Efficacy Current Fungal Infection Reports, 2008, 2.
- Proctor, RA. Role of Folate Antagonists in the Treatment of Methicillin - Resistant Staphylococcus aureus Infection. Clinical Infectious Diseases 2008;46:584-593
- Mouton, JW, Theuretzbacher, U, Craig, WA, Tulkens, PM, Derendorf, H, Cars, O. Tissue Concentrations: Do We Ever Learn? Journal of Antimicrobial Chemotherapy (2008) 61, 235-237