Adnan Said, MD, MS
Rita German, MD
Associate Program Director
Train at the University of Wisconsin Transplant Hepatology Fellowship and partner with the nationally-renowned UW Health liver transplant program, which has performed over 3000 liver transplants. Our program is also one of only six in the nation affiliated with a Veterans Administration liver transplant center.
You'll provide comprehensive care through the entire transplant experience and see patients with the full array of liver disease. Our humanistic, patient-centered approach and multidisciplinary care model give you the experience you need for success.
Why You'll Love Our Program
- Patients who represent served and underserved populations, and in public and private medical center settings
- Liver transplant and hepatology clinical experiences, including rotations in radiology, liver pathology and addiction medicine
- Exercises at the state-of-the-art UW Health Clinical Simulation Program.
- Multidisciplinary didactics led by outstanding faculty in our division and in peer departments
- Mentoring from faculty who have research programs on alcohol and non-alcohol induced liver disease and liver tumors (with dedicated clinics), and non-invasive assessment of advanced liver disease
Meet Our Program Director
We pride ourselves on attracting and training fellows from diverse backgrounds who demonstrate humanistic patient care and scholarship.
At our world-renowned liver transplant center, we are guided by principles of altruism, accountability, fairness and treating everyone with kindness, respect and dignity. Our training and mentorship prepares you to join the next generation of transplant hepatology leaders.