Get the best of both worlds at the University of Wisconsin Rheumatology Fellowship.
We help you build a strong foundation in the knowledge and clinical practice of rheumatology—and provide tailored experiences so you can customize training to meet your professional goals.
“My fellowship experience has been shaped by outstanding mentorship, daily coaching on patient care and sponsorship of my research. I’ve been able to secure my dream job in academic medicine and look forward to providing mentorship to future generations.”
—Sarah Donohue, MD, current fellow
Why You'll Love Our Program
- Train at the University of Wisconsin Hospital and Clinics—Wisconsin's best hospital—and the William S. Middleton Memorial Veterans Hospital, one of the nation’s leading VA hospitals
- Gain unique experiences through dedicated lupus, lupus nephritis, Sjogren’s syndrome, metabolic bone disease, and musculoskeletal ultrasound clinics
- Perform minor salivary gland biopsies, interpret bone densitometry, and develop proficiency in musculoskeletal ultrasound techniques
- Rotate in the pediatric rheumatology clinic at American Family Children’s Hospital
- Choose from many electives that match your clinical interests, or work with us to customize electives to meet your specific needs
Meet Our Program Director
"It is an exciting time to pursue a career in rheumatology! Our program is designed to get to know you and tailor training for a successful clinical or academic career. Rheumatologic care is changing faster than ever, and we are ready to meet the challenge. We look forward to meeting you to share more of what our program has to offer!