The University of Wisconsin Division of Infectious Disease is committed to comprehensive patient care, high caliber research and innovative medical education. Our physicians and fellows provide inpatient, outpatient and emergency consultative services for the diagnosis and management of complex infectious diseases and unexplained febrile illnesses, especially those that may become life-threatening.
We also offer innovative clinical inpatient and outpatient training and a comprehensive research environment for our Infectious Diseases Fellows. Our research faculty are funded by numerous sources and are engaged in many clinical studies.
- Hospital Infection Control COVID-19 Guidelines – Drs. Safdar (Lead), Shirley
- Treatment of COVID-19 Clinical Practice Guidelines (Antiviral and Host Immunomodulatory Workgroup) – Drs. Misch (Lead), Johannsen, Brennan, Saddler, Lepak. Drs. Shirley, Andes – contributors
- VA and Long-term Care Facility COVID-19 Guidance – Dr. Crnich
- Post-acute and chronic COVID-19 Guidance – Dr. Pop-Vicas
- COVID-19 Antibody Assay Development – Dr. Andes
- Novel COVID-19 Monoclonal Antibodies for Patient Diagnostics, Therapy, and Research – Dr. Andes
- Phase 3 randomized, double-blind, placebo-controlled, multi-center study to assess the efficacy and safety of ruxolitinib in patients with COVID-19 associated cytokine storm (RUXCOVID) – Dr. Andes
- Phase 3 randomized, double-blind, placebo-controlled, multi-center trial to assess the efficacy and safety of the AZD1222 (AstraZeneca/Oxford) vaccine to prevent COVID-19 – Drs. Siraj, Andes, McBride, Saddler, Shirley, Striker
- Improving and Evaluating Virtual Health to Enhance Physical Distancing Measures in Wisconsin Nursing Homes – Dr. Crnich
- A cluster-randomized placebo-controlled trial of chemoprophylaxis (favipiravir) in Long-term Care Homes experiencing COVID-19 outbreaks – Dr. Crnich
- Role of naso-oropharyngeal antiseptic decolonization to reduce COVID-19 viral shedding and disease transmission: SHIELD Study – Drs. Safdar, Shirley
- Chief Medical Officer and State Epidemiologist for Communicable Diseases for the Wisconsin Department of Health Services – Dr. Westergaard
- Madison/Dane County Public Health Department homelessness COVID-19 treatment and guidance – Dr. McBride