- Ours is one of the longest running geriatric medicine fellowship programs in the United States, proudly training geriatricians for more than 35 years.
- Fellows see patients in acute, post-acute, and ambulatory settings alongside outstanding physician-educators who are recognized locally and nationally for their clinical and teaching skills.
- Our program is supported equally by the William S. Middleton Memorial Veterans Hospital and the University of Wisconsin Hospitals and Clinics, providing fellows with in-depth experiences at both sites.
- Strong interdisciplinary teams support the fellows in their work to provide excellent care to patients across all sites.
- Fellows interested in pursuing additional training in research, education, or public policy related to Geriatrics can apply for a VA Fellowship in Advanced Geriatrics through our Geriatrics Research Education and Clinical Center and remain in Madison for up to three additional years of mentored learning.
Quote from a Graduate
“I really felt that the program was invested in helping me succeed in my goals.”
Accreditation and Certification
The University of Wisconsin Geriatric Medicine Fellowship is fully accredited by the Accreditation Council for Graduate Medical Education. It fulfills the requirements for training in geriatric medicine as specified by the American Board of Internal Medicine. Fellows who are board certified in internal medicine or family medicine are eligible to take the American Board of Internal Medicine or American Board of Family Medicine subspecialty examination in geriatric medicine upon completion of the fellowship.