Train with experts in nationally recognized clinical programs at the University of Wisconsin Pulmonary and Critical Care fellowship program. We offer an individualized learning experience that gives you the skills to care for the most complex patients and reach your potential as a researcher, educator and leader.
“Training here has allowed me to become a more autonomous provider and give me a sense of self confidence as far as caring for complex patients. I can become the best version of myself while still being able to have the support of faculty and our co-fellows. The first time I came here I just felt like it was home.”
—Kaitlin Bradley, DO, MS, fellowship alumna
Why You'll Love Our Program
- Four subspecialty clinics—Pulmonary Hypertension, Interstitial Lung Disease, Cystic Fibrosis and Lung Transplant—designated as Centers of Excellence
- Additional subspecialty clinics in lung transplant, interventional pulmonary and severe asthma
- Our medical intensive care unit has a 30% greater survival rate than the average ICU and consistently surpasses national patient care quality and outcomes benchmarks
- Recognized researchers in acute lung injury, asthma, sleep-disordered breathing, lung inflammation, critical care, lung cancer and ICU data science
- Training at a state-of-the-art simulation program so you can master procedural skills
"I’m grateful to Dr. McCartney for all the time with teaching, and most importantly, counseling me for my future career. My training is what keeps me sleeping well at night, since I know that I'm providing the standard of care for my patients."
—Juan Rey Mendoza, MD, MS, fellowship alumnus
Meet Our Program Director
"Our fantastic faculty are mentors in every facet of your education: bench research, clinical practice and hands-on learning in our simulation center. And when you combine the resources from our department, the VA, our school, and all that's available at a Big 10 university like UW–Madison, the potential is limitless!"