There are several short-term courses to introduce fellows to research techniques, design and data analysis.
Each of these courses are listed below along with its specific objectives.
- Introduction to Laboratory Series.
- Faculty will give presentations discussing their lab's work, followed by an open house where fellows can speak to lab personnel and tour facilities.
- Clinical Instructor Preparatory Program Short Course on Clinical Research.
- A 2-3 full day course in late summer to prepare individuals for careers in clinical research addressing topics such as research ethics, informed consent, clinical trial design, basic biostatistics, and funding opportunities.
The University of Wisconsin Institute for Clinical and Translational Research (ICTR) offers educational curricula for formal training in clinical research,including:
- Capstone Certificate for Clinical Research.
- This program consists of six courses in biostatistics (4), epidemiology (1), and research ethics (1) and can be completed in 2 years.
- Masters of Science (MS) in Clinical Investigation.
- This program consists of courses in biostatistics (4), epidemiology (1), research ethics (1), clinical/translational research (3), electives (2), and research projects (2 semesters).