- Des Moines University College of Osteopathic Medicine - DO
- University of Wisconsin Hospital and Clinics - Residency in Internal Medicine
- University of Wisconsin Hospital and Clinics - Residency in Emergency Medicine
- University of California-Los Angeles - Fellowship in Clinical Research and Geriatric Medicine
- University of California-Los Angeles - Postgraduate research fellowship
Dr. Kathleen Walsh is a faculty member of the Division of Geriatrics and Gerontology in the Department of Medicine and the BerbeeWalsh Department of Emergency Medicine. She also practices with the UW Health Faint and Falls Clinic. She is a member of the American Geriatrics Society, the Academy of Academic Emergency Medicine, the Society of Academic Emergency Medicine, and the American College of Emergency Physicians. Honors awarded to Dr. Walsh include recognition as a Top Doctor in Madison (Geriatrics), Best Doctors of America list for multiple years, "Queen of Compassion Award" from the Department of Emergency Medicine, Excellence in Scholarship award from the Wisconsin Chapter of the American College of Emergency Physicians, and Ambulatory Teaching Award from the Department of Medicine. She mentors emergency medicine residents, has lectured to UW-Madison physician assistant students on geriatric medicine topics, and routinely presents regional and national clinical lectures on topics in emergency medicine, syncope and falls, and geriatric medicine.
Dr. Walsh's medical interests include internal medicine, emergency medicine and geriatric medicine with emphasis on syncope and falls prevention, comprehensive geriatric assessment, polypharmacy, and delirium and dementia.