The Division of General Internal Medicine (GIM) conducts an interprofessional conference for GIM medical professionals from 7:30 – 8:30 am Wednesdays during the academic school year. The conference is virtual until further notice.
This series covers a variety of inpatient, outpatient, and consultative medicine topics. Former presentations include, “Can't be Beet,” “Anyone Tired of COVID? The Top 8 Non-COVID Articles Since Your Life Was Completely Upended,” and “When ‘drinking Wisconsinibly’ is not enough: Medication assisted therapy for alcohol use disorder.”
Conferences are either peer clinical case presentations or “State of the Art” lectures.
- Improve the practice of ambulatory care medicine.
- Discuss advances in inpatient, outpatient, and consultative medicine pertinent to General Internal Medicine.
- Practice evidence-based medicine with members of the healthcare team.
- Evaluate new and ongoing research studies in primary care and methodology used in these studies.
- Apply interprofessional communication skills
For more information contact Chris Michaels, firstname.lastname@example.org.