- Loyola University Chicago, Chicago, Illinois – Masters of Arts in Medical Arts
- Loyola University Chicago Stritch School of Medicine, Maywood, Illinois – MD
- Loyola University Medical Center – Residency in Internal Medicine and Pediatrics
- University of Wisconsin Hospital and Clinics, Madison, Wisconsin – Fellowship in Adult Infectious Disease
- University of Wisconsin Hospital and Clinics – Fellowship in Pediatric Infectious Disease
- Liverpool School of Tropical Medicine, Liverpool, England – Diploma in Tropical Medicine & Hygiene
Dr. Joseph McBride is a faculty member in the Divisions of Infectious Disease in the Department of Medicine and Department of Pediatrics. Dr. McBride serves on the UW Antibiotic Stewardship and Antimicrobial Use Committees. He is also involved in the teaching of medical students and residents.
Dr. McBride's clinical interests include general adult and pediatric infectious disease, transplant infectious disease, HIV care, and tropical infections.
Dr. McBride’s research interests include blastomycosis, antimicrobial stewardship, probiotics, and the communication of infectious disease issues to non-ID physicians and the lay population.