- University College London Medical School, London, England – MD
- Thomas Jefferson University Hospital, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania – Residency in Internal Medicine
- Thomas Jefferson University Hospital – Chief Medical Resident
- Combined Harvard Training Program (Brigham and Women’s Hospital; Beth Israel Deaconess Medical Center; West Roxbury VA Medical Center & Massachusetts General Hospital of Harvard Medical School), Boston, Massachusetts – Fellowship in Pulmonary & Critical Care Medicine
- London School of Hygiene & Tropical Medicine, London, England – Master’s in Epidemiology
Dr. Ellie Golestanian is a faculty member in the Division of Allergy, Pulmonary and Critical Care Medicine within the Department of Medicine. She is a Fellow of the American College of Chest Physicians and a member of the Society of Critical Care Medicine. Dr. Golestanian is a facilitator for pulmonary and critical care fellows in training for the monthly Journal Clubs; here, she teaches the principles of evidence-based practice through careful appraisal of current medical literature.
Dr. Golestanian’s clinical interests include modes of mechanical ventilation, the pathophysiology of ARDS and critical care of the pregnant patient. More recently, she has focused on the provision of tele-ICU to a number of hospitals throughout Wisconsin and Illinois—a UW enterprise which has documented substantial improvements in outcomes in those units.
Dr. Golestanian’s work has included outcomes research in the intensive care unit.