Submit applications through the Association of American Medical Colleges' Electronic Residency Application Service (ERAS) as part of the July application cycle. Interviews will occur September through November, and the American Medical Informatics Association’s Clinical Informatics Match Day is in mid-December.
Although our program is housed in the Department of Medicine and listed under Clinical Informatics (Medicine) in ERAS, we can accept applicants from any specialty.
Application requirements include:
- Medical School Transcript (certified English translation if from foreign institution)
- Three letters of recommendation
- MSPE/Dean's Letter (Required for U.S. medical graduates; provide if available for foreign medical graduates)
- Personal Statement
- USMLE transcript
>All candidates must be U.S. citizens, permanent residents, or hold a J-1 visa. Unfortunately, we are not able to support H1 or other visa types. View credentialing and conditions of employment.
Program Name: University of Wisconsin Hospitals and Clinics Program
Specialty: Clinical Informatics (Medicine)
ACGME ID: 1395614001
The match process will take place through the American Medical Informatics Association (AMIA) match site.
If you are not already an AMIA member, you will need to access AMIA's membership site to create a profile. Follow these steps to get the student membership rate ($50):
- Select “Clinical Informatics Fellowship Match Applicants” for the “University/College” field
- Select “Fellowship” for the “Degree” field
- Enter “Clinical Informatics for the “Program Area” field
Prior to the match, and ideally as soon as possible, applicants will log in to match.amia.org to indicate the programs to which they applied in ERAS. This will allow programs to see them as an applicant.
Applicants will need to commit their rank order by the deadline indicated on the AMIA site. If the applicant does not rank the programs to which they applied and select “Commit”, the applicant will not be entered in the match.