The Department of Medicine advances the health of the people of Wisconsin and beyond through high quality, patient-centered care, innovative research and education of the next generation of physicians.
The Department of Medicine will be the national leader in:
- High quality patient-centered care
- Transformational research
- Innovative education programs
The faculty and staff of the Department of Medicine value:
Professionalism, patient-centeredness, compassion, respect, innovation, discovery, inclusion, diversity, teamwork, scholarship, and stewardship.
- PROFESSIONALISM as demonstrated by honesty, integrity, inclusivity, accountability, fairness, altruism and treating everyone with kindness, compassion and respect
- PATIENT-CENTEREDNESS as the core of everything we do and we demonstrate this by highly satisfied patients and families all of the time
- RESPECT for all others, for who they are and what they do
- DISCOVERY, INNOVATION and SCHOLARSHIP as leaders in research, patient care and education
- DIVERSITY and INCLUSION as essential components in all our missions
- TEAMWORK, as we are more effective together than as individuals
- STEWARDSHIP of our resources as this will allow us to sustain and grow our mission