- University of Kansas, Kansas City, Kansas – MD
- University of Wisconsin Center of Health Sciences, Madison Wisconsin – Residency in Internal Medicine
- University of Wisconsin Center of Health Sciences – Fellowship in Gastroenterology and Hepatology
- University of Wisconsin Center of Health Sciences – Research Fellowship in Gastroenterology
- University of Wisconsin Center of Health Sciences – Fellowship in Geriatrics
Dr. Gaumnitz is a faculty member in the Division of Gastroenterology and Hepatology within the Department of Medicine. He is director of the Motility Unit, and an attending staff physician at Meriter Hospital and attending staff endoscopist at William S. Middleton VA Hospital. He is a member of American Gastroenterology Association, American Society of Gastroenterology, and Association of Specialty Professors. In 2011, he was awarded Educator of the Year, Gastroenterology and Hepatology Fellowship from UW School of Medicine and Public Health.
Dr. Gaumnitz’s clinical interests are in gastroesophageal reflux and complications, swallowing disorders of the esophagus, esophageal motility, colon cancer screening and general gastroenterology.
View Dr. Eric Gaumnitz's publications on NCBI MyBibliography.
Dr. Gaumnitz's research interests include esophageal dysphagia, reflux disease and laryngopharyngeal reflux.