- Dartmouth Medical School, Hanover, New Hampshire – MD
- Rush University Medical Center, Chicago, Illinois – Residency in Internal Medicine
- Rush University Medical Center, Chicago, Illinois – Chief Residency in Internal Medicine
- University of Wisconsin Hospital and Clinics, Madison, Wisconsin – Fellowship in Gastroenterology and Hepatology
- University of Wisconsin Hospital and Clinics – Advanced Endoscopy Fellowship
Dr. Mark Benson is a faculty member in the Division of Gastroenterology and Hepatology within the Department of Medicine. He is a member of the American Society of Gastrointestinal Endoscopy, and the American Gastroenterology Association. He serves on many departmental and divisional clinical and education committees, including the Division of Gastroenterology and Hepatology Education Fellowship Committee and Quality Assurance Committee and is Director of the Medical Student Educational Gastroenterology Rotation Curriculum. He is a co-Director for the Advanced Endoscopy Fellowship. He is the Director of Endoscopy Quality. He has received numerous awards, including the UW Health Patient Experience Physician Champion Award, the UW Health Rising Star Clinical Excellence Award, and the UW Health Patient and Family Experience Award.
Dr. Benson’s clinical specialties include advanced endoscopic procedures including endoscopic retrograde cholangiopancreatography, double balloon enteroscopy, endoscopic mucosal resection, endoscopic ultrasound, HALO Radiofrequency Ablation (RFA).