- University of Dublin, Dublin, Ireland - M.B., B.Ch, B.A (equivalent to MD)
- University of Dublin, Dublin, Ireland - MD (equivalent to Ph.D.)
- Federated Dublin Voluntary Hospitals, Dublin, Ireland - Residency in Internal Medicine
- St. Vincent’s Hospital, Dublin, Ireland - Registrar in Internal Medicine
- St. Bartholomew’s Hospital, London, England - Fellowship in Gastroenterology
- Kings College Hospital, London, England - Fellowship in Liver Diseases
- University of Michigan - Fellowship in Gastroenterology
Dr. Michael Lucey is a faculty member and chief of the Division of Gastroenterology and Hepatology within the Department of Medicine. He is Co-Medical Director of the Digestive Health Center at UW Hospital and Clinics, a regional center known for its outstanding multi-disciplinary outpatient clinic that treat diseases of the digestive tract, liver, and pancreas. Dr. Lucey is Medical Director of the UW Liver Transplant Program. Dr. Lucey teaches gastrointestinal and hepatic topics to students in MD programs, provides classroom and clinical instruction to residents and fellows, and serves as a research mentor to undergraduate students, graduate students, trainees, and junior faculty members.
Dr. Lucey’s clinical interests are hepatology and alcoholic liver disease, liver transplant medicine, and liver biopsy.
View Dr. Michael Lucey’s Publications on NCBI My Bibliography
Dr. Lucey’s research program broadly focuses on alcoholic liver disease, viral hepatitis, and care of patients before and after liver transplantation.