If you are interested in creating a social media account for your division or subunit, please contact the communications team at email@example.com beforehand. We will work with you on a content plan, policy review and best practices.
Unauthorized or inactive social media accounts established by divisions or programs are subject to closure.
Institutional Policies and Guidelines
- SMPH Policies: Institutional Social Media Use | Personal Social Media Use
- UW–Madison Social Media Guidelines
- UW Health Social Media Policy (u-Connect)
- UW Health Social Media Guidelines and Best Practices (u-Connect)
HIPAA questions? For guidance on how HIPAA policies apply to social media in the context of research and teaching, visit the UW-Madison Office of Compliance's HIPAA pages.
Clinical research recruitment questions? Contact your division's UW Health marketing strategist first. They will work with you to develop a strategy and help coordinate with the IRB on message approval.
Contact the Media Center about important journal articles, research findings, new procedures and interesting and unique patient stories. Advance notice helps them get the news to the media in a timely and efficient manner.
If you are a Department of Medicine PI and want to create a web presence for your lab, please contact us first at firstname.lastname@example.org. We can discuss the options:
- A structured landing page on the DOM website. This should be the first step for all PIs. Please download and complete this structured lab landing page template and return to us.
- A standalone WiscWeb lab site. If you want a more robust web presence, contact us about creating a site through the campus WiscWeb service. We will guide you through the setup, though you will be responsible for all maintenance. Please still complete this shortened lab landing page template, so we can maintain a basic landing page for your lab on the DOM site.
Please do not create lab websites using external web hosts or site builders. These sites do not meet campus or department branding and accessibility guidelines.
Clinical Trial Websites
If you are a Department of Medicine PI and want to create a web presence for your clinical trial, please contact us first at email@example.com.
We can discuss the options, including best practices, IRB requirements and partnership with UW Health Marketing.
Patient and Referring Physician Marketing
UW Health Marketing and Communications communicates with patient and consumer audiences about UW Health's programs and services. If your audience is a patient or prospective patient, you must work with UW Health.
If you have an urgent need, call (608) 262-2122 and enter pager number 7594. A UW Health Marketing and Communications staff member is available 24 hours a day, seven days a week.