"One Tool, One Place"
CATT summarizes key data from UW financial systems, and allows users to add reminders, attachments, notes, and assign tasks/questions to other users. In addition to the project and award management tools on the dashboard, reports can by run to summarize all funding for a PI or sub-department.
While developed by the Dept. of Medicine, CATT can be set up for other campus departments to use as their own "business unit" in CATT. For more information, email email@example.com.
CATT Users' Guide [rev. 08.2021] (PDF)
CATT Administrator's Guide (PDF)
DOM CATT User Expectations (PDF)
CATT Action Item FAQs
When Should I Mark an Action Item Complete?
Is any further action needed on the item?
- If yes, look at the options below.
- If no, mark it complete.#
If you're a visual person, see Decision Flow Chart for CATT Action Items (PDF)
# Special note for Overdraft Resolution action items:
- Don’t mark overdraft resolution items complete until after the month-end update.
- For example, if an item was in overdraft at May month-end: During June, you might list a response of “Budget added in June; no longer in overdraft.” Mark this with a follow-up date of July 5, and then delete it when the June overdraft data appears in CATT.
How Should I Notify Someone That I Want Them to Look at an Action Item?
Click edit, and re-assign the item to them. This will generate the auto-email to be sent to them.
If you want to expand on the initial note, you can also edit that – and add your comments before or after the original note.
Best practice: If you need to add a greater amount of explanation to an action item, mark the original item as complete; and create a new action item with your detailed note to assign to the next person.
Someone Asked Me to Respond to an Action Item by mm/dd/yy and I Won’t Have the Information by That Date. What Should I do?
Click edit, and update the Follow-up date to reflect when you intend to be able to complete the item.
What Kind of Questions Should I Answer in a Grant or Other Project Overdraft Resolution Plan?
- Has a cost transfer been routed?
- Is additional budget funding expected?
- Was project set up in advance of award?
What Kind of Questions Should I Answer in a Clinical Trial Overdraft Resolution Plan?
- When is the next OCT report expected?
- Are enrollments on target?
- Is the sponsor up-to-date on its quarterly or monthly payments?
- How much has been invoiced to date and when was the last payment received?
How do I use the "Capital Equipment" Action Item?
- The Capital Equipment action item is where you can note Asset Tag #'s, location information, contact person, whether you've uploaded a picture to the Attachments tab, etc.
- Set the follow-up date as an annual reminder (e.g. January) to be sure the information is regularly updated for the inventory process.