If you are not sure of the funding for your trip, please contact your Division Administrator to confirm BEFORE booking. Travel booked through the incorrect portal will not be reimbursed. Travel Expense Flowchart
UW Health: Faculty Physicians Updated Travel Guidelines
While UW Health has no current restrictions on travel, be aware that travel guidelines issued by your department and UW Madison are also applicable to faculty members. Please review those guidelines prior to booking any travel. For questions and concerns, please talk with your next level of leadership (manager, supervisor or chair)
UW: As of Nov 8th, 2021, both domestic and international travel is allowed without prior approval. Starting 1/1/22, international travel will require enrolling in CISI International Health Insurance, which will be reimbursable as a travel expense.
Travel booking and expense reimbursement requirements differ depending on your funding source – please select your funding source to view the relevant guidelines:
- If you are using Professional Funds, follow UW Health guidelines. If you are using grant funding, follow UW Madison guidelines.
- UW purchasing cards (p-cards) may NOT be used to pay for UW Health reservations. UW Health credit cards may NOT be used to pay for UW Madison reservations.
- Will your trip use split funding? View the DOM Travel Booking Policy Comparison document
- All flights and vehicle rentals must be booked through the official travel partner in order to be reimbursed. Click the button above that correlates to your funding source to access the official travel partner portal and view the relevant policy and booking instructions.
- All hotels must be booked either through the official travel partner or directly with the conference hotel.
- Meals: UW Health reimburses exact meal costs, up to a maximum of $70 per day, and itemized receipts are required, while UW Madison reimburses a set per diem rate and no receipts are required.
- Tips will only be reimbursed up to 20%.
- All reimbursement requests must be submitted within 90 days of the last day of travel.