If you are not sure of the purchasing or payment options for your expense type, or whether the purchase is allowable, contact your division's accountant BEFORE purchasing. Unallowable expenses purchased with personal funds will not be reimbursed.
Expense reimbursement requirements differ depending on your funding source – please select your funding source to view the relevant guidelines:
- If you are not sure of the funding for your reimbursement, please contact your Division Administrator to confirm.
- Many supplies and purchases can be paid for directly with a purchasing card, and personal funds should not be used. Please contact your division's finance staff to determine the best purchasing and payment choice.
- Clinical-related expenses and UW Health Professional Fund expenses are reimbursed on the UW Health side. For example: medical books, subscriptions for journals and publications, dues and memberships of medical organizations.
- Research and educational expenses are reimbursed on the UW Madison side. For example: poster printing, tuition reimbursement.
- Relocation/Moving expenses are now reimbursed on the UW Madison side.
- Hosted meals and travel expenses can be reimbursed on either side, depending on funding source.
- If you are using Professional Business Expense Funds, follow UW Health guidelines. If you are using grant funding, follow UW Madison guidelines.