April 8, 2020
Telecommuting: Beware of the security risks in using Zoom
- Avoid being “Zoom-bombed.” Read up on the security risks of using Zoom in this article from DoIT. Keep in mind that Zoom is not a campus-supported web conferencing tool, while Microsoft Teams and WebEx are.
March 24, 2020
The secure telecommunications application Vidyo is now available for physicians to use for inpatient and outpatient care. View details on how to get the application or see the Vidyo Quick Start Resource
- - -
March 23, 2020
Microsoft Teams is a tool for Online meetings in which you can host audio, video, and web conferences with anyone. Microsoft Teams has features such as scheduling assistance, meeting note taking, screen sharing, meeting recording, and instant messaging.
More information, links and instruction is available on the Microsoft Teams page.
- - -
March 20, 2020
Most DOM IT and Helpdesk staff are now working remotely. Walk-ins at MCFB are by appointment only.
- - -
March 19, 2020
For staff who need access to u-Connect for paging, service now, Oracle, etc:
If you try to access U-Connect directly, you will only have limited access.
Here are ways you can access the full U-Connect version:
- Some staff have logins because they manage calendars for providers with UW Health emails. For this group, you can use that log in on the U-Connect site and will have full U-Connect access.
- For the majority, you will need to access U-Connect via DOM Citrix. This will give you the full U-Connect version.
To navigate to DOM Citrix:
Go to this link: https://domcitrix.medicine.wisc.edu. Login with DOM login. Open google chrome from the Citrix menu. Go to Quick Links on the Medicine website to get to U-Connect. Now you have the full U-Connect version and can access Oracle, EPBCS, Paging, ServiceNow, etc.
Questions? Contact the DOM Help Desk.
- - -
March 16, 2020
Update – 12:00 PM: WebEx is currently experiencing outages due to capacity issues. We are aware of the situation and will update when we have more information.
Update – 9:30 AM: We are currently over capacity on Citrix access for remote work. DOM IT is aware of the situation and is working on solutions. It may take a day or two to resolve, so we ask for your patience. Employees can still access email via the UW-Madison website.
- - -
March 15, 2020
Remote work options for employees supported by Department of Medicine (DOM) IT services:
Includes DOM, UW Carbone Cancer Center, BerbeeWalsh Department of Emergency Medicine, Office of Clinical Trials, and Wisconsin Alzheimer's Institute
- VPN (Virtual Private Network) is the preferred remote access solution and available for DOM supported computers. DOM VPN Request Form
- DOM Citrix is highly recommended as the second remote option. More information here
- DESKTOP COMPUTERS MANAGED BY DOM IT CANNOT GO TO HOMES
- Requests for Remote Desktop Protocol (RDP), which allows one computer to connect to another computer, must be authorized by departmental or center administrators. RDP request (login with your DOM ID — not your full email address — and password). Your DOM ID is what you use to login to your DOM computer. Screen shot example below:
- Anyone using a DOM-supported laptop should make sure they can login BEFORE going home. If there is a login or password issue, the DOM Helpdesk cannot solve this remotely. Employees should also make sure the laptop's wifi connection is working before going home, as DOM IT cannot troubleshoot home ISP or connection issues remotely.