- University of Wisconsin School of Medicine and Public Health, Madison WI - MD
- University of Wisconsin Hospital and Clinics - Residency in Internal Medicine
- University of Wisconsin-Madison, Postdoctoral Trainee in Translational Cardiovascular Science
- University of Wisconsin Hospital and Clinics - Fellowship in Cardiovascular Medicine
- University of Wisconsin Hospital and Clinics - Fellowship in Interventional Cardiology
Dr. Ruben Alexanian is a faculty member in the Division of Cardiovascular Medicine within the Department of Medicine and holds an affiliate appointment at William S. Middleton Veteran Administration Hospital where he serves as the director of VA Structural Heart and Complex Coronary Artery Interventions Program. He is a Fellow of the American College of Cardiology and an active member of the American Heart Association. He serves on several active committees including the UW Cardiology Fellow Clinical Competency Committee and provides clinical and classroom instruction to medical students, residents, and cardiology fellows.
Dr. Alexanian is an interventional cardiologist with clinical interests including the treatment and management of complex coronary artery disease, adult structural and valvular heart disease, and acute complex venous thromboembolic disease.
Dr. Alexanian’s laboratory studies valvular heart disease utilizing pluripotent stem cells for disease modeling and bioengineering novel valve tissue constructs resistant to early failure. He is clinical research interests include improving disparities of Veteran access to contemporary valve therapies.