- Boston University School of Medicine, Boston, Massachusetts – MD
- Boston University – Ph.D, Molecular Biology and Radiation Biology
- University of Wisconsin Hospitals and Clinics, Madison, Wisconsin – Residency in Internal Medicine
- University of Wisconsin Comprehensive Cancer Center, Madison, Wisconsin – Fellowship in Clinical Oncology
- UW Comprehensive Cancer Center – Fellowship in Research Oncology
Dr. H. Ian Robins is a faculty member in the division of Hematology, Oncology and Palliative Care within the Department of Medicine and has joint appointments with the Departments of Oncology and Neurology. He actively participates in the Radiation Therapy Oncology Group (now NRG), the Adult Brain Tumor Consortium Group, the Eastern Cooperative Oncology Group, and Alliance Oncology. He has published over 200 peer reviewed papers, over 40 books and chapters, and 200 abstracts. Dr. Robins is currently listed among Best Doctors® in America and America’s Top Doctors for Cancer and is a Fellow of the American College of Physicians.
Much of his clinical activity relates to an interdisciplinary neuro-oncology clinic located in the Radiation Oncology Department.
Dr. Robins is a nationally and internationally recognized investigator in the area of neuro-oncology and has served as a principal investigator on various NIH/NCI cooperative group protocols, and continues to have NIH grant support.