Research Pathway postgraduates in the IMPACT Physician Scientist Program have the following benefits:
- As a candidate, you will have the opportunity to extend your stay in Madison one extra day, at our expense, in order to meet investigators in your area of interest. You will also meet personally with the Chair, Program Director and Division Head of your field of interest pending availability.
- Candidates may pursue opportunities for research both in the department of medicine and in other departments and/or schools at the University of Wisconsin. The UW has one of the largest graduate schools in the U.S. and we will help you make meaningful connections with collaborators across campus through courses and research enterprises.
- House Staff in the IMPACT Program will have their schedules coordinated to allow them to attend the national meeting of their choice each year from PG2 onward.
- Attendance for one national meeting per year will be funded by the Department of Medicine, for a period of five years.
- An research stipend of $2,000 (PGY1 & PGY2) and $5,000 (PGY3-5) will be provided for each year the participant is in the research pathway for a period of five years.
- Participants in the IMPACT Program will participate in a quarterly research conference.
- Each member of IMPACT will be mentored by a group of strong faculty advisors carefully selected by the Department Chair, Vice Chair for Research, and Vice Chair for Education with the resident's input.
- The IMPACT Program fosters general medicine and subspecialty research tracks in basic science and clinical investigative fields. Please see the links at left to explore these options.