Research pathway postgraduates in the IMPACT physician scientist program have the following benefits.
- Candidates may pursue opportunities for research both in the Department of Medicine and in other departments and/or schools at the University of Wisconsin–Madison. The UW has one of the largest graduate schools in the U.S. and we will help you make meaningful connections with collaborators across campus through courses and research enterprises.
- Participants receive a research stipend of $2,000 (PG-1 and PG-2) and $5,000 (PG-3 through PG-5) for each year in the research pathway, for a period of five years.
- The IMPACT program holds a quarterly research conference for all participants.
- House staff in the IMPACT program will have their schedules coordinated to allow them to attend the national meeting of their choice each year from PG-2 onward.
- The Department of Medicine funds IMPACT program participants' attendance at one national meeting per year, for a period of five years.