MADISON, WI 53705-2276
- Washington University School of Medicine - MD
- Kaiser Foundation Hospital - Residency in Internal Medicine
- Royal Postgraduate Medical School - Fellowship in Endocrinology
- University of California San Francisco - Veterans Administrations Hospital - Fellowship in Endocrinology
- Johns Hopkins University School of Public Health - Certificate Program in International Health and Tropical Medicine
With extensive background in quality improvement, practice redesign, and health care administration and management, Dr. Caplan is Director of Care Redesign and Practice Improvement. He has served as the Associate Medical director of Care and Quality Innovations, Director of UW Health's Breast Cancer Screening Initiative, and as co-executive lead of the Primary Care Redesign Initiative and the Nurse Practitioner/Physician Assistant Role Assessment Initiative. He is now providing leadership and consultation for Specialty Care Redesign and Behavioral Health and Primary Care Integration. Previously, he served as Director of Clinical Strategy for the Case Management Institute at Kaiser Permanente.
Dr. Caplan's clinical interests include internal medicine and endocrinology.
Dr. Caplan's research and scholarly presentations and publications have focused on population-based approaches to the treatment and prevention of overweight and obesity.