600 HIGHLAND AVE
MADISON, WI 53792-0001
- University of Maryland - MD
- University Hospital, Boston University Medical Center - Internship and Residency in Internal Medicine
- University Hospital, Boston University Medical Center - Chief Residency in Medicine
- University of Colorado Health Sciences Center - Fellowship in Cardiology
- University of Pennsylvania - Fellowship in Cardiac Electrophysiology
Dr. E. Wayne Grogan is a faculty member in the Division of Cardiovascular Medicine within the Department of Medicine. As a cardiac electrophysiologist, Dr. Grogan specializes in the diagnosis and treatment of cardiac arrhythmias (electrical abnormalities of the heart). He serves as Medical Director of Cardiac Electrophysiology and Pacing, UnityPoint Health-Meriter’s Heart and Vascular Institute and Medical Director of Cardiac Electrophysiology and Pacing at Meriter Hospital. Dr. Grogan is a Fellow of the Heart Rhythm Society, a past member of the Council on Clinical Cardiology of the American Heart Association and has been a Fellow of the American College of Cardiology. He was inducted into the Alpha Omega Alpha medical honorary society. Dr. Grogan has served as principal investigator or co-investigator on more than 20 clinical studies.
Dr. Grogan’s clinical interests include treating patients with heart rhythm disorders. He performs catheter ablations for rapid rhythms, electrophysiologic testing, tilt testing and other diagnostic tests for patients with rhythm disorders or fainting. He implants pacemakers, implantable defibrillators and cardiac resynchronization devices for heart failure.
Dr. Grogan’s clinical research interests focus on trials and studies investigating pharmacological agents and devices to treat cardiac arrhythmias.