1685 HIGHLAND AVE
MADISON, WI 53705-2281
- University of Iceland, Reykjavik, Iceland - MD
- National University Hospital, Reykjavik, Iceland - Research Fellow, Department of Immunology
- St. Joseph’s Hospital and Reykjavik City Hospital - Residency training in Internal Medicine and Surgery
- University of Wisconsin - Residency in Internal Medicine
- University of Wisconsin - Fellowship in Rheumatology
Dr. Jon Arnason is a faculty member in the Division of Rheumatology within the Department of Medicine. He is a member of professional societies including the Icelandic Medical Association and Icelandic Rheumatology Association and he is a fellow of The American College of Physicians and The American College of Rheumatology. Dr. Arnason has taught MD students and physician assistant (PA) students in coursework on diseases such as gout, rheumatoid arthritis, and lupus within the UW School of Medicine and Public Health. He has also presented lectures on clinical management of a variety of topics in clinical rheumatology at regional and national conferences. As a clinician and medical educator, he was appointed to the Ultrasound School of North American Rheumatologists (USSONAR) as one of the organization’s mentors to promote the use of musculoskeletal ultrasonography to advance the care of patients with rheumatic disease. He serves as UW Heath Medical Director of Rheumatologic Ultrasound.
Dr. Arnason’s clinical interests include the use of ultrasound for diagnosis and monitoring of conditions including rheumatoid arthritis and gout and to guide injections of therapeutic agents into joints. Additional clinical interests include inflammatory arthritis and auto-immune disorders such as lupus and vasculitis.